Accommodation: A mix of self catering and full board accommodation
Meals: self-catering/full board, students will be given money to buy their own groceries.
Communication: check with mobile network for coverage
Transport: Airport transfer to placement site organised by the host, public transport available for free time
Flights: Fly to Sophia. Grampus will email students with a flight option that fits within the travel grant and which arrives at a time that suits the host. Students have to fund their own way to the UK airport
Weather: Hotter than UK summer, can be 30-35 degrees C
GHIC: All participants must apply for a Global Health Insurance Card before the placement, and carry it on them at all times.
Programme will include:
- Domestic crafts
- Help to renew small tourist sites in local villages 15-25 July, accommodation will be full board in Bilkarska guesthouse in Gorsko Slivovo
- Broom making and help the local cultural club in Brestovo 26-30 July, accommodation in guest rooms on self catering basis; Grampus will provide subsistence money to cover the cost of food.
- Visit Lovech on 26th July
- Ceramics 31 July – 4 August in EcoArt guesthouse on a full board basis
- Visit to Troyan and Troyan monastery on 31 August
The Turing grant will cover accommodation, food (3 meals a day), return, flights, insurance, transport to site and supervision. Participants will have to make sure they have their EHI or GHI card and budget for personal purchases and excursions.
This project has been funded with support from the Turing scheme, funded by the UK government.
This publication [communication] reflects the views only of the author, and Turing cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.